The best performing stocks vary from year-to-year and it’s nearly impossible for investors or advisors to always pick well. Right now we have some additional insight from Bloomberg about some of 2013’s potential best.
Bloomberg recently ranked some of America’s most widely held/traded companies based on risk-adjusted returns, analysts recommendations and projected earnings growth to identify the fifty best. Let’s look at five on top, five in the middle and 46-50.
1. Actavis – generic drug maker
2. Salesforce – cloud computing
3. DaVita Healthcare Partners – kidney care; clinic operations
4. Amazon.com – online retail
5. Eastman Chemical – diversified manufacturing
23. Home Depot – home improvement retailer
24. Equifax – credit monitoring
25. Starbucks – everything coffee
26. News Corp. – various entertainment holdings
46. Red Hat – software; open source leader
47. MeadWestvaco – global packaging solutions
48. Biogen Idec – biotechnology; MS
49. PetSmart – pet supply retailer
50. Cerner – health care delivery; improvement
You can find the complete list in the February 18 – 24, 2013 of Bloomberg Businessweek. A review of it shows health care, media and retail firms all in a “standout” position.
With rare exception, I liked what I saw.
Until next week,
Susan R. Linkous
I shared the information above for educational purposes only not as an investment recommendation. Since stock investing involves risk including loss of principal, seek advice first. Past performance of a company’s stock is no guarantee of future results.