FIVE STAR WEALTH MANAGERS AWARD
Susan R. Linkous of The Linkous Group, Ltd., received the 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013 Phoenix Five Star Wealth Managers award in Phoenix magazine’s September issue. The select group represents less than three percent of the 10,700 wealth managers in the Phoenix area. Awards are based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality service to clients, such as credentials, experience, and assets under management. Survey recipients were asked to nominate wealth managers that they felt were worthy of consideration for the award. Each individual was reviewed for disciplinary actions, customer complaints and regulatory actions. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list. Service to clients, such as credentials, experience, and assets under management.
The primary focus of NABCAP, a nationally registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is to serve the needs of the investing public by helping identify top wealth managers. NABCAP and its Board of Directors created an unaffiliated evaluation process in which 20 categories of practice management are assessed.
Advisors are invited and/or nominated to participate by submitting an online questionnaire. The multi-step verification process utilizes independent resources to assess the accuracy and truthfulness of the information submitted by participating advisory practices. NABCAP’s methodology is unique in deciphering advisorsbecause it is primarily objective, not subjective and helps add transparency for the investor’s benefit.
NABCAP takes pride that their list of Premier Advisors is not merely defined by Assets Under Management (A.U.M.), revenues produced or even worse, popularity. Alternatively, NABCAP attempts to identify top advisors regardless of size, firm or channel they are affiliated with. The ultimate goal is to provide investors and advisors a trusted standard of excellence to help guide them within the Financial Services Industry. Participating practices may be published and will be compared versus their peers locally, regionally and nationally. Distinguishing characteristics of an advisory practice will include in part, though not exclusively:
• Team dynamics- who comprises the team
• Years of experience
• Average AUM per client
• Planning philosophy
• Investment philosophy
• Risk philosophy
• Fee/Cost structure
• Customer service
• U4/ADV status
Through our process the investing public will clearly identify practice specialties and areas of excellence. NABCAP strives to create a platform and process through which transparency becomes both the expectation and the industry standard. The investing public requires advisory practices to be in line with their needs and goals.
The Advisory Practice Evaluation Process:
NABCAP & RPA
The Board of Directors elected to preserve the interests of our process of reviewing and ranking Financial Advisory Practices. To accomplish this, NABCAP must have a clear separation from outside influences. We carefully considered why separation is vital to our long-term viability and success. The following are taken into consideration in order to preserve our “Black Box” approach:
1. Discrimination – Including but not limited to age, gender and ethnicity.
2. Team Structure – Regardless of how your practice operates, in terms of personnel, your practice will be evaluated on their merits.
3. Firm Association – We treat all participants equally, without regards to which channel of operations they have chosen or its size. (National or Regional wirehouses, Banking, Insurance, R.I.A., Independent, etc.)
4. Revenues – The amount of sales a Financial Advisor generates is an irrelevant determining factor for who the best overall practice managers are, higher revenues do not necessarily benefit the Investor.
5. A.U.M. – A practice’s assets can be stated in multiple ways and ultimately can be misleading. To the best of NABCAP’s abilities we assure results are clear and concise.NABCAP has established a long-term contract with RPA to facilitate, administer and implement our process. We require strict assurances from RPA that all information provided by Financial Advisors is utilized solely for the purpose of educating the investing public, and not for solicitation purposes. All the information collected is the property of NABCAP.
© 2010 NABCAP. NABCAP is a national 501(c)(3)
NABCAP Premier Advisor 2011, 2012, 2013. Based on comprehensive evaluation of twenty categories including credentials, experience and customer service. www.nabcap.org
40 UNDER 40 AWARD 2003
Based on business, civic and charitable contributions as selected by The Business Journal.