I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and give much thanks to you for your patronage, support and referrals throughout 2014. I appreciate all you do.
There are a few things to think about though as the holidays approach and the end of 2014 nears.
Here you go,
As 2014 Ends. . .
There are a few things we should do before 12/31/2014:
1) If you own an IRA and are over 70 and 1/2 years young, we need to make certain that you have taken your required minimum distribution.
2) It’s a good time to review taxable gains and distributions and project your likely taxable investment income. Will it be higher or lower than projected? What will tax consequences be?
3) Retirees drawing income from portfolio should schedule a time to discuss 2015 needs, asset allocation and whether or not estimated tax payments should be made.
4) Harvesting losses and gains can be a good tax strategy. We should work with your tax advisor to ascertain benefits to you.
5) Charitable giving strategies may benefit those with a desire to support a favorite organization while maintaining some control over investment during lifetime. We’re here to work with you on this should you choose.
Here is a short list of some of the charities The Linkous Group, Ltd. and Susan Linkous were honored to be able to support in 2014 thanks to you:
PBS/KAET Channel 8
Arizona Humane Society
Basis School of Scottsdale
World Wildlife Fund
Goodwill of Arizona
Boys & Girls Clubs
Local Food Banks
Until Next Week
Please contact Susan for assistance with any year-end financial issues you desire help with.
We don’t offer specific tax advice but will work with your tax advisor.
Investment advice is offered through
The Linkous Group, Ltd.
A Registered Investment Advisor
Securities offered through LPL Financial
Member FINRA and SIPC
A separate entity from The Linkous Group, Ltd.